Most people at present can’t survive a day without using the Internet. Therefore, as Online Philippines Corp. suggests, it’s only wise for small businesses to take the opportunity and use it to market their products and services. One way this can be done is by using social media.
Quick Facts on Using Social Media for Business
Here are fast facts from Dream Grow, which could prove that using social media marketing for small business is effective.
- Facebook alone has 2.2 billion active users every month. More than 50% of purchases, offline and online, are influenced by Facebook.
- At present, 50 million Facebook pages were owned by small businesses. Around four million of them even use paid advertising.
- There are 1.8 billion active YouTube users every month.
- Engagement rates on Instagram are higher on tagged posts.
3 Ways Social Media Helps Small Businesses
1. Spread Brand Awareness
Around 62.9% of the population worldwide owns a mobile device, and it is expected to reach 67% in 2019, according to Statista.com. As most of these people have access to the Internet and use social media networking sites, businesses with active social media accounts have higher chances of spreading brand awareness.
2. Improve Web Traffic
Social media platforms are also an effective lead generation strategy. Social media posts have the ability to drive traffic to a website and hopefully convert simple visits into sales.
3. Simplified Customer Service
Gone are the days when consumers only rely on e-mails to submit an inquiry or complaint on a product or service and wait for days for a reply. Social media has transformed customer service by making it faster and more convenient for both the consumer and the seller by allowing both parties to exchange words instantly.
Using social media to improve your marketing strategies do work, but it needs time. Being active in social media networking while keeping in mind your target audience does amazing results.